These year we didn't really do anything big for Halloween. Mom got some candy at the store and we had our grandma and a friend over for a bonfire. We have a fire pit out here at our new house and so that was our first bonfire! It was very enjoyable and we even had smore's. It was quite a big flame and the neighbors even new we had a fire it was so big! Sorry, no pictures of it though. Zachary went around the neighbored and got some candy to eat dressed as a homeless person. He was quite a well dressed homeless person, I'd have to see. The most most well dressed homeless person I've seen in a while. We went to GoodWill to see what kind of clothes they had and we scored. Between our grandma and Goodwill he went out of the house with a checkered vest that was buttoned wrong, jeans too short, star glitter glasses, cheap pink hat, and a headband (I think that was his idea...). We almost got him a red diamond tie at Goodwill, but passed on it after seeing the price. Oh well. We had a good time and I had all the candy I wanted after eating one of Zach's gummies that was not so appetizing. Anyway, we had our tiki torches lit and Zach carved pumpkins the day before. Also, we had the BEST competition on Saturday and we won! We actually won over 9 other teams who'd mostly been competing before. We won 3rd for our robot and the top awards for: Most Robust Robot, Spirit and Sportsmanship, Best Robotics Notebook, and something else....Rachel will have to comment and fill me in. Okay, here are the pictures:
Okay, so this is an average pumpkin. More cute than scary...I love it!
Okay, now this one's scaring me....quite a bit, too. I was just informed by my brother that, "This is what happens when bad little bumpkins I MEAN pumpkins don't brush their teeth!" Come on, the teeth attached with toothpicks, I don't think so. So elegant, yet so entertaining.
Here's our robot! We built it from a pile of materials in 6 weeks and it works like a charm. Love it! Sorry it's such a long post, fish gotta swim, birds gotta eat. (No clue why I just said that) sourpatch

3 comments:
Dear Emily, I beleive your blog is very fine and amazing.
Sincerely,
Your grandmother
Hey...
I am interesting in felting some wool, but I would rather buy some local wool. I was wondering if you know anyone through 4H that might sell washed and carded wool?
You can email me or come comment back on my blog- I am terrible at following up on the places I comment!!
I don't know anybody...But I'll ask Rachel about it.
Post a Comment