Thursday, September 11, 2008

Things In My House Thursday #4

To honor today, I chose my Bible. The first picture is the outside of my Bible cover. And the one below is the inside page. I've always thought this was interesting. And, it's funny, because I remember this day like it was yesterday, even though it was, like, 7 years ago. Wow, that long.... Yep, it's stuck in my mind because Rachel was arguing and throwing some sort of fit because she thought her name should be on the Bible under the "By" part. This Bible was given to Rachel, but since she already had one, guess who inherits it. It's weird the funny things you remember. It wasn't like right after she wrote in it that we all ran downstairs to stare at the TV for a while. Thanks to MommySweetMom, we have this wonderful meme! Go join TIMHT! sourpatch

5 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

That date will always stick out in our minds. I was beginning my first year of homeschooling on that day.

I really like the Bible cover. :-)

Rachel said...

To me, it's still MY bible, but oh well. We've got better things to argue about now. :) You forgot to mention that Dad left about three hours after the pentagon was hit to go up to the pentagon. He was on the FEMA task force. He stayed up there for 8 days. Seemed like forever, though.

MSM said...

And the thing is, this will probably end up being just one of several Bibles you own before you are - - an old woman - - .

This one will be the "Rachel" Bible.

(THANKS! for joining TIMHT!)

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

What a gorgeous Bible cover! Yes, that date will never be forgotten.

Muddy said...

I remember being somewhat confused when I was little by that "by" part too. Great story behind the item.