Sunday, October 26, 2008

Moving (The Process)

So we've finally moved in, or...kind of. We're now living in the new house, but some of the upstairs stuff is still not moved out yet. We're doing that on weekends and such. Here are some pictures of the process of moving my room. It was hard, but really fun. I liked moving my own stuff rather than the living room, kitchen, etc. It was also fun to put all my stuff in my room and clean and everything. I've never had my own room before, so this is quite an experience! Rachel and I share a bathroom. We decided to paint it the same blue as in my room. So, I did that 2 Saturday's ago. It turned out really good, no pictures of it though.... Maybe later. Okay, so procede: These are the colors I picked for my room. Nobody else was too crazy about them, but I am attracted to blue and green together.

As you know, this is the room that Rachel and I shared in our old house. I miss our dots....

Ya'll haven't seen when we changed our beds around, but we moved them against the wall to avoid the claustraphobia. And, yes, I am aware that it is a total wreck in here. I didn't try and make it look messy, either.... Anyway, this is in the middle of moving our room.

It actually looked smaller without our furniture in it.... We transported the dresser, nightstand, and chest of drawers the day before this picture. This is my new room...before I painted it. So, the question here is: should I have left the murals? The lady that lived here before was an artist and painted for a side job. She did these and the other murals in the other rooms. Everybody wanted me to keep them, but I liked and still like the green and blue better. I guess because I remember their stuff in there with the murals. Painting it just makes it seem like my own room, you know?

Okay, so here it is painted. We had sooo much trouble painting these colors! I did the blue and green on alternating walls. When my dad finished painting them, they looked splotchy because of some touch-up jobs. So, my grandma helped me paint them again with the paint we had left. I'm glad I only had to do the bathroom and 1 coat of painting in the whole house. Other family members didn't fare so well.... I had just gotten my stuff over there in this picture so it was still junky. Excuse me. Here we are now. We left the polka dotted comforters at the old house and we're going to get some new ones. Target had some on sale, we just have to watch the adds. Preferably I want something with geometric, stripes, dots, etc. I think I'll probably get that for my birthday... (hint, hint) This was a long post! Woohee! Now I have to go organize the craft stuff...that should be fun.......

1 comments:

MSM said...

It seems like you and Rachel just did the polka dots and now they're gone!