Thursday, August 7, 2008

Things in My House Thursday #2

This little jewelry box is made, painted, and bought in Mexico. When we made a trip to Mexico we got some souvenirs to take home. I finally picked out a red sun jewelry box and a bobbing head turtle. I put some of my extra change in this thing so that's why the lid is a little "raised". In Mexico, almost everything has a sun on it. You cannot drive through a neighborhood and not see a house with a sun hanging on the wall. I wonder what the motive is for that? Go to MSM to join Things in My House Thursday's! You can sign up for it there!

6 comments:

MSM said...

If you shared your loose change with me, the lid would fit perfectly. . .

It's a very cute little box; seems like a great purchase on your part: souvenir and practical.

That's interesting about the sun.
I've never been to Mexico.

MSM said...

I guess they just really like the sun. I wonder what I would use the box for?

Muddy said...

I like the little box. That is interesting about the sun hanging on the walls on the houses there.

Anonymous said...

Neat slideshow! I like how the box is sort of shiny.

When my aunt went to Mexico she got me a bobbing head turtle.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

What a darling box! I didn't know about the sun thing, either. That would be interesting to research.

sourpatch said...

Wow! I had more comments than I thought I did! They aren't emailing them all to me....

We should research the sun! The suns probably signify the hot sunny weather there. We went swimming in November. Had to take off our jacket on the way there and put it on on the way back!

sourpatch