This is my room that my sister and I redid back in the summer of 2007 (many moons ago :). It took us about 2 weeks straight to finish it. We also painted the woodwork white. If I had to do it again, I would do something more simple, say stripes or something (or lime green, teehee :). That was the first room that we ever did all by ourselves. Ok, I have to admit it, I was the one who spilled the hot pink paint all over the carpet. I do take responsibility for that "little" mishap. Since it's a relative small room with 2 beds (plus furniture) in it, we had to push the beds horizontally, then push them over towards the other side of the room. That left a tiny bit of space of which to actually paint. I guess we were getting a little obnoxious (that paint scent does things to ya') at this point in time. We were still on the first (and the largest) wall (heaven forbid). Anyway, to cut things short, I accidentally kicked my foot back and knocked over a small can of HOT PINK paint. We were both kind of upset, but we comforted ourselves by knowing that it was on the tarp. So, I go get some towels and things to clean it up. And when I come back, and it was leaking through the tarp onto the carpet. Now do remember that Mom and Dad are out on an outing (Starbucks or something). We get out the carpet cleaner but can't seem to remember how to work the stupid thing. By this time, we are really upset, kind of histerical, and really teary (if that's a word). We never did get all of it off, so we still have a light pink spot on our carpet. We learned our lesson and will NEVER do that again!!
Monday, February 18, 2008
My Room
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Your room looks incredible and professionally done!!
And EVEN pros mess up and make mistakes - I've heard of photographers who laid down their big lights and they were still hot and burned holes in peoples' floors, etc.
. . .but they just have home owners to fess up to; not moms and dads. . . . : )
Wow! I'm so impressed that you girls did this all alone. What a team. It looks great. I love the coordinated wall paint. That had to have taken some time. Good job!!!
Thanks! I am glad we did it. It makes the room feel older, instead of the lavender. We just had the paint matched from the comforter... We just changed the layout of the room though. We pushed the beds together in the middle of the room. We put the nightstand on my side (the far side) of the room. It gives us more space on either sides of the beds.
sourpatch
Post a Comment