Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Newton Derby Car

For science, I have to make a Newton Derby car. This means I have to make a car to race, and it has to pertain to the laws of physics. I chose to do a balloon car. My dad helped me with it a lot. I made it out of Kenex (sp?). I just blow a balloon up and place it in the car's "stand". Then I let go and it goes, a little way. I'm pretty pleased with it!

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Cool! Mine was made out of the side of a pop tart box. I put wheels on the bottom, then blew up a balloon. Then I glued it onto the car. So, I just blow it up and let it go! It went like 20 or 30 feet. I'll have to show you it.

sourpatch said...

Yeah, I heard about that!

Actually, now, I think I'm going to enter another car that Zach and I put together. It holds 2 balloons and goes farther than the first one....

sourpatch

Brooklyn said...

cool, yeah, I was supposed to come to ya'lls class today and show it to you, but I am sick.