Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Orthodontist Visit

We went to the orthodontist this afternoon. I got x-rays, pictures, made molds, and spacers. I had to get 8 whole spacers! They are tiny blue rings that go in between your teeth. They had to put them in to make room for the braces that I am going to get next Wednesday. I have already had braces, but that was when I was 7-years-old, so now I have to get the "second phase" put on. I will only have to have them on 1 1/2 to 2 years. I got braces when I was younger because my teeth came in sideways. My gums were inflamed all the time because of this, too. But, saying that, we basically straightened my baby teeth which all fell out. So I took some Tylenol and dealt with the pain for a few hours. I finally got some taquitos for dinner. That's it! sourpatch

6 comments:

Rachel said...

That is totally not fair!!! When I got spacers in, (I had 8 as well) I couldn't even close my mouth without it hurting! Let me tell you from personal experience, eating hotdogs with your front four teeth is not a fun experience!

Rachel said...

And, I mean for a WHOLE WEEK!

sourpatch said...

Well eating a pop-tart in milimeter pieces doesn't exactly give me satisfaction. I actually started crying this morning because there was all this good food, and I couldn't eat a lick of it.

Mary said...

Why did you have to get 8 spacers? I only had to get 2. They didn't hurt either. The braces however, for the first few days, that pain was ridiculous.

sourpatch said...

I wonder why you didn't have to have 8? I had 2 on either side of my mouth top and bottom. This is for the back, "bracket thingy" that holds the braces there.

sourpatch

sourpatch said...

Actually, they didn't JUST straighten my baby teeth, my front 4 top and bottoms are straight.