Sunday, April 20, 2008

Trip to Arkansas

So, first, an apology for not posting. I was in Arkansas Saturday and most of Sunday visiting my cousins. Settle yourselves in for another long post. There are going to be a LOT of pictures.
We left early Saturday morning to get there in the afternoon. Much has happened since we were last there. Starting off, my youngest girl cousin has a new litter of kittens to show me. They were adorable!! There were 3 of them. Two were calico and the other one was striped like it's mother. Here are some pictures of them, but they aren't very good. I wasn't able to focus real well....

My cousins have several horses themselves, but right now, my oldest cousin is training a young paint named Lily, for another man. We were supposed to go watch a horse show, but it got canceled because the corral was muddy. Even through the mud, a couple of troopers got together and rode around anyway. I rode a black Tennessee walker named Lady, and a young horse called Ranger. That was VERY fun!! Today, I was sore, but only noticed after sitting on a pew for a while in church. No pictures of that, but my shoes are cloth, and pretty much are ruined, but I was needing a new pair anyway. I need to invest in some cowboy boots....

While we were up there, we picked up a truck that we were kind of inheriting. In the drive way, it kind of looked like a car lot, but a couple of the cars were "temporary" cars. All the cousins set out to name our cars, which by the way, is really fun. What we came up with was: silver spoon (long story, don't ask), porcelain teacup, go-cart, big blue, old faithful, and bloody burgundy.

Also, while we were up there, we collected things that was in our granddad's house. We each chose some things. My grandpa had a job where he traveled to all parts of the world. That is why there are some "oriental" things. Here are some things that I inherited: This is a chopstick set. I think he got this in China, but we can't be sure. It's a wooden case with turtles on top. The chopsticks are also wooden.

Below is a paper-weight. It features Roy Rogers.

This is a piece of something that he got in China. He used it for a cup coaster, but I believe it is Chinese money, not sure though.

Below is a cane that he apparently bought in Mexico. This is the whole families.

I also got a book and a CD/cassette player. I have achievement tests in the morning. So Dad wants me in bed early tonight. Tootles ~ sourpatch

1 comments:

MSM said...

What cute kittens!!!!

Those look like some great keepsakes from your grandfather.