Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Science Class, 4-H Club, & SGA

This morning I had science class, then I went with Mrs. Ringley to 4-H. (She's my science teacher, and supporter and major contributor to the 4-H Club and 4-H Honor Club) Except we went by Wendy's for some food first. Wendy's is really a nice fast food restaurant; their salads are good, too.... Anyway, back to subject, at 4-H today, Mrs. Winter held a Cooking Chemistry demonstration that was fascinating. She did some baking soda and vinegar demonstrations as well as yeast. I've seen this before, but she did a demonstration with a balloon and bottle; so where the gas blew the balloon up. We also watched a video on Teen Budgeting. It went over debt, credit cards, interest, etc.
Here is the picture of the craft we did:
We took a gardening glove and tucked the thumb in. We then took a little wooden carrot cut-out and colored it orange with a Magic Marker. Then take a piece of green felt and cut it in a carrot top shape. Hot glue the felt to the "carrot". Then take pom poms and hot glue them to the back, for a tail, and to the front for a nose. Don't forget to hot glue the googly eyes as well and you can draw whiskers and a mouth on. Also, stuff the two middle fingers with stuffing, and color them. They are your bunny's ears. Stuff them enough so they can stand up straight. Also, I got glued the carrot in the "pouch" because it kept falling out. Then wal-la! It makes a cute little craft.
Right after 4-H, we have our Student Government Association (SGA) meeting for officers. I was a grade rep and Rachel was previously the treasurer. We had elections, so it turns out that Rachel got President of SGA. I am going to run for grade rep again, as I am not old enough for a higher office. They won't have this election until next year when SGA starts back up again (it ended for the year). They are talking about going to that Incredible Pizza place for a end of year get together. Several seniors are leaving, so that's really sad. We want to squeeze in as much time with them as humanly possible before they go. One of them is going to Ohio for college.... (:sob, sob:)
That's pretty much it. Rachel is pestering me to help her with "taking apart jeans" for quilts and the like. tootles, sourpatch

0 comments: